Friday, May 09, 2008

MixTAPE: Placid (under_score / acid-house.net)

Just a quick one as I'm busy in NYC, but I needed to get this mix up from under_score resident, Placid. He's a bit of a scene stalwart, and has been putting up well recieved regular mixes on his acid-house.net site for quite a while now, and has been blessing our ears with some incredible DJ sets. He rocked it out at Sunday's best before: shindig, where he filled the boots of Andy Butler (who cancelled at the last minute so that he could... err... film the video for his next single. To say that we were pissed off would've been a bit of an understatement, but what can you do, eh?) with ease, rocking out disco, electro, and acid house classics that shook the main room to the core. I've been pestering him for ages to do a mix for us, and he's finally come up trumps for us with a top selection of tunes for electronic enthusiasts to salivate over. A tracklisting will be provided in a few weeks time, but for the meantime just sit back, relax, and enjoy the music!

Download:
Placid - MixTAPE

Also, I'd like to give a big thanks to Stewart at A1 Records in East Village for being incredibly courteous and having such a fantastic shop! If you're ever in New York and want to spend a whole day digging for records, this is the place to go. I've hit up a few other places so far, but I'll recap on those when I return next week. If you need to contact me whilst I'm here, my e-mail address is on the sidebar.

8 Comments:

Blogger 90 Watts Records said...

Hey Richard,
Could I send you some demos maybe of a dutch label from Amsterdam which you might like?
My email adress is eva@90watts.com
www.90wattsrecords.com

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm ready for another carnage mixtape.

4:36 AM  
Blogger Bernardo said...

If you're still in NYC check out dope jams record store. My favorite spot in the city! Ridiculous jams there...

http://www.dopejams.net/

1:24 AM  
Blogger Richard Carnage said...

Bern - I'm glad to say that I did make it out to Dope Jams. What a shop!

Todd - patience, my son. I did one for Viva Radio while I was in NYC which I'll pop up soon.

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

liked the viva mix, i'll probably like it more without the buffers, especially that romanthony tune ! what were your impressions of new york ?

11:41 PM  
Blogger somejerk said...

been lovin this mix for a while now! never really been a house fan but i've really been enjoying the sounds put together in this mix.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What’s up it’s me, I am also visiting this site on a regular basis, this web page
is really good and the people are genuinely sharing fastidious thoughts.
gamesanookth | mmorpgthailandth

8:21 PM  
Blogger edok69 said...

Follow the daily news updates, celebrities, stories around the world. Click now >>
5e68b4dadffdc.site123.me

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

site hit counter