Thursday, September 07, 2006

Question time


In the next few days, I'm going to be interviewing both Heidi, Phonica doyenne whose 'Vejer' 12" and Monza mix CD have just come out on Get Physical, and then My My - responsible for the seminal 'Klatta' and 'Serpentine' on Playhouse, and a forthcoming LP for the same label. Basically, I want to know if there are any questions you would like me to ask either of these artists. If you do have any suggestions, please leave a comment before tomorrow (Fri) morning.

Churrrs.


Notes:

- October appears to have landed himself a Cocoon residency at Amnesia next year. Mad!
- Mama, I've been wrong again. Sorta. The new Mathew Jonson 12" is superb, and though the awkward funkiness of 'Automatic' still troubles me slightly, I've realized that the epic 'Beach Party' is, like, totally amazing. Both are inanely, and I really mean inanely, catchy. I'm confused, which can only (?) be a good thing. More thoughts on this, er, burning issue to follow.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a quick note my "Cocoon" residency at Amnesia. Its not 100% confirmed yet so I dont wanna count my chickens before they are hatched! Watch this space ;-)

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ask Heidi about her Tatoo on her sternum

5:26 PM  
Blogger Richard Carnage said...

Dear oh dear...

If you're going to ask a stupid question, at least open it up to a mildly amusing retort, like 'Do blondes really have more fun?'

Pretty obvious question, but I'd like to know whether she's got some solo productions in the pipeline, or maybe some other collaborations if her studio skills aren't too hot. It's pretty obvious she's got a good set of ears, and with that half the battle's already won.

By the way, that Get Physical mix really is excellent, and I urge you all to seek out a copy. Great tracks nicely sequenced and mixed. All you can ask for really.

6:53 PM  
Blogger tunetourist said...

hi there! love the site...very nice to stumble across a genuinely interesting and informative blog on the music that i like! I've put a link to you on my blog (TUNETOURIST - i comment on and review records recommended to me from record stores all over the world, including hard wax in berlin and vinyl club in ibiza)..check it out - there's a podcast too. if you like it then please link back to us, that would be ace! cheers, justin.

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word to the big bird.

We've just posted a DJ Mooner interview on our site that you guys might like.

http://www.cosmicdisco.co.uk/2006/09/07/dj-mooner-interview-cosmic-mix/

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

site hit counter