I am trying to make your chart
Mr Soft's Current Top 10
1. DELIA & GAVIN - REVELEE (CARL CRAIG REMIX) // DFA Absolutely massive this is, and I can't wait till it hits the racks in a couple of weeks.
2. LAZY FAT PEOPLE - BIG CITY/DARK WATER // BORDER COMMUNITY Fairly straightforward, nicely padded hypno-house in the Border Community grand style.
3. MAX MOHR - OLD SONG // PLAYHOUSE Rather splendid B-side from Mohr's 'Trickmixer' EP released way back in 2004, also included on the last Famous When Dead comp, and recently brought to my rapt attention by eagle-eyed R. Carnage
4. HOT CHIP - OVER & OVER (SOLID GROOVE REMIX) // DFA/EMI Ok, so it's just another bumpin', blokey house track from Solid Groove with a few token snippets of Hot Chip on top. But it's killer.
5. BUTANE - TIGERBITCH (JEREMY P. CAULFIELD REMIX) // DUMB UNIT Sticky, up it's own k-hole minimal from one of my favourite producers, that I'll almost definitely have forgotten in a week or two. I love it in spite of myself.
6. MYSTERY JETS - THE BOY WHO RAN AWAY (RITON RE-DUB) // 679 Hooligan punk-funk for the better class of indie disco.
7. THE KNIFE - SILENT SHOUT (WILLIAMS ACIDIC CIRCUITS MIX) // BRILLE/RABID
I know it's all but dead and buried by now, but I've only just realized how sensational this is.
8. ROY AYERS - TARZAN (AME REMIX) // UBIQUITY The Ame boys steer Ayers into minimal, emotive, reconstructed Carl Craig waters, with subdued keys and tribal toms aplenty. It's their way.
9. BOOKA SHADE - NIGHT FALLS EP // GET PHYSICAL I was very harsh about the A-side here, mainly 'cos the B-sides are so good. I was wrong. They're all good.
10. SALIF KEITA - YAMORE (LUCIANO REMIX) // CADENZA Been caning this for a nice long while, and still far from bored - celestial goings-on from Mr Lucien.
More blabbing and tracks asap.