Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Justus League of South-West England



I've been working hard today. I almost published a post about my five-year prejudice against translated literature (I am, as you may have guessed, pitiably, pitifully monolingual); luckily for you I realized what I was doing and held my fingertip on the backspace button long enough to undo what could have been serious damage (believe me, you don't want to hear my received ideas about the pliability of Kafka's German). So yeah, I need to relax (I know, I'm a student, I don't really need to relax), and I've had too much of other people in the last few days, so I'm going to go and enjoy that rare and luxuriant privilege: a solitary pint and a fistful of cigs down the mighty Fir Tree - a wonderfully honky but friendly old pub peopled by dirty-fingered alcoholics, labradors and loose (old) women. To send me out of the door with bounce I'm playing the uber-camp disco joint 'Schwabylon' by Justus Kohncke, from his too-bizarre-for-me but palpably wonderful LP, Doppelleben. Like a Daft Punk/Chic collaboration, by way of Hear'Say. As ever, in a good way. I don't see why you shouldn't hear it too; Justus's LP is available to buy from Kompakt and all the usual outlets.

Download:
Justus Kohncke - Schwabylon // Kompakt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

site hit counter