Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Take me to the river...




Jake Fairley (pictured) has been a busy boy recently...While his instantly anthemic 'Gazebo' on Border Community has been the focus of our attentions, I recently got round to listening to his EP on Copenhagen's Echocord and was mightily impressed...The B-side, 'Walk To The Water', has been on heavy rotation down Softie way, though I can't put my finger on the reason why. I've linked it below for your pleasure; rest assured, it's strange, emotive, futuristic computer music for body and mind alike.

Download:
Fairmont - Walk To The Water // Echocord


As with Nathan Fake, it's not been hard to see why the Germans have gone mad for Alex Smoke. Carnage was unimpressed with his mix of Alex Under on Trapez, for reasons I can't quite fathom...I'm sure, however, he'll enjoy this track that the young Scot recorded for Berlin-based Vakant records. Trancey minimalism is the order of the day; sehr, sehr Smoke, und sehr, sehr gut.

Download:
Alex Smoke - Sortie // Vakant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

site hit counter