Saturday, January 21, 2006

Get ur coat on



I've been sitting on these for a month or so, but in that time I don't think I've got past three listens..I didn't expect they'd make it onto vinyl, certainly not an official release, but perusal of Phonica today has proven me wrong (witness the £9.99 doublepack with sidelong remixes by Sugardip, Maurice Joshua and ATTC - how/who/what/why the fuck?????). So you might as well have 'em for free.
Okay, Tiefschwarz (pictured) went seriously off the boil by the time their doddering album surfaced, but their sparkling remix of Fischerspooner suggested an almighty return to form...And when I heard that they'd been called in to electrify Missy Elliott's 'Teary Eyed', I got pretty excited, pretty justly - not least because Tiefschwarz's last housing of a hip hop track was their version of 'Trick Me' by Kelis, probably one of the best productions they, indeed anyone, has ever done (and it didn't even get an official pressing...). So, it comes of something as a disappointment to report that these Missy Elliott jobbies are, you know, bruising, guiltily pleasurable electro-house boshers in the much-aped Tiefschwarz style that have plenty of dip and dive and woosh and bang and warp and wallop packed into their respective eightish minutes. Unfortunately, some one forgot to make 'em good. There are moments, I admit, but overall the experience is more Nastydirtysexmusic than Foreign Muck (a terrifyingly fine line), if you know what I mean. Ugh.

P.S. if there's one thing I hate, and which usually spells C.R.A.P., it's the dread phrase 'Club Mix'. Seriously, fuck off with that.


Download:
Missy Elliott - Teary Eyed (Tiefschwarz Club Mix) // Atlantic

Download:
Missy Elliott - Teary Eyed (Tiefschwarz Dub) // Atlantic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

site hit counter