Saturday, January 21, 2006

Full Metal Jackin'



I sometimes wonder, am I doing this blog to share music, or to share unlikely puns? I guess I'll never know. Update: Since posting those Tiefschwarz mixes (ooh, all of ten minutes ago), I have re-listened them, eager to have my disdainful judgement obliterated by fresh insight. Alas, it wasn't to be. Is it the vocal that annoys? The comically elektronische haus sounds? I couldn't say. But what I can say is that this, the opening track from Mikkel Metal's new album on Kompakt, is SUPERB. Nice beats, wistful vocal, plenty of Kompakt fluffiness; but the crux is the main riff - a simple, ravey, upward progression that sounds fantastic in a hazy song context. Blah. One of my favourites of the year so far.

Download:
Mikkel Metal - Memories // Kompakt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

site hit counter