1, 2, 3, 4...
You may vaguely recall me banging on about one Matt Waites, a regular selecta at TAPE, Liars' Club and Bugged Out!. In September of last year, Matt turned out a rather tasty mix for us, CDs of which we gave away to the happy gathered when he last touched down in Bristol. I thought you might enjoy a little rinse through it yourselves, so I've made it available to download in the usual way (apologies again for the use of Rapidshare - Yousendit just isn't liking me at the moment). Some of the tracks may seem overfamiliar now (and I never liked that Tiga mix of LCD in the first place), but tanzmusik moves remorselessly fast, and Matt's due to drop a new mix imminently anyways. For now, enjoy an hour of glorious mayhem from one of our favourite disco infiltrators which manages to capture the sound of TAPE at its most bug-eyed and 'colourful'.
Matt Waites - September 05 Mix // CDR
1. Lindstrom - Unknown // Feedelity
2. The Juan Maclean - Give Me Every Little Thing (Putsch 79 Remix) // DFA/EMI
3. Royksopp - 49% (Ewan Pearson Remix) // Wall of Sound
4. Linus Loves - First Base // White
5. Inflagranti - Break Break (Halt's Maul Mix) // Codek
6. Bangkok Impact - Do It // Clone
7. Redanka - Waves (King Unique Mix) // Rip
8. Egoexpress - Braune Brucke // Ladomat
9. Jence - Fitness/Sickness // Systematic
10. Different Gear - Worry (Audiofly Remix) // Lazy Eye
11. Sono - A New Cage (Digitalism Remix) // ZI
12. The Electric Press - Evaluate // 2020 Vision
13. Mylo - Muscle Cars (Tiga Remix) // Breastfed
14. Soulwax - I Love Techno (Nite Version) // PIAS
15. Benjamin Thieves - Texas (SebastiAn Remix) // Kitsune
16. Death From Above 1979 - Black History Month (Alan Braxe & Fred Falke Remix) // 679
17. LCD Soundsystem - Tribulations (Tiga Remix) // DFA
Matt also produces under the alias Dangerflirt. Last week I posted his wicked re-edit of Hot Chip's 'Over & Over', but in fact Dangerflirt's first foray into production was a reconstruction job on 'The Count', by indie-electro trailblazers Simian Mobile Disco. The original was a stormer in its own right, but here Matt whips it up into a bouncy, squiggle-happy acid monster that slays when deployed at high volume. It's early days, but I predict a glittering future for MW as DJ/producer. Hope you enjoy his work....
Simian Mobile Disco - The Count (Dangerflirt Re-Edit) // CDR