Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Techno Logic

I'll be back later this week with a chart and some mp3's for y'all, but in the meantime I thought I'd give you a little heads up about some non-Tape related dates that me and Puffin have got coming up. First of all, we've been asked by the lovely lads who run Monkey Knife Fight! to host the second room at their upcoming DFA special. Juan Maclean and Shit Robot will be manning the decks in TImbuk2's main room, whilst the Tape crew will be whipping things up in room 2 with under_score's Microman, and Crash's Al Dare. Expect classic italo, wonky techno, hard hitting electro-house belters, and as always, a few pleasant surprises.

In other DFA related news, James Murphy's project for Nike will see an iTunes release today. Can't say that I've heard it myself, but it's one of those 'jogging tracks' in the same vein to the one that The Crystal Method put out recently. I'll hold my judgement as to whether it's a bold artistic statement or just taking the money and running until I've heard it (knowing those guys it's probably great), but any comments from those endowed with iTunes (if only it worked on my archaic Windows 98 system.... I really need a new computer!) will be treated with intrigue. Whichever way you look at it, you can't really blame the man for accepting the offer and giving something this adventurous a go. More info can be found at Pitchfork's news article
here, and there's a little rundown at Riff Central here.

Also, if you missed my latest mix while it was up on
Earplug, here it is again. The tracklisting can be found here:

Download:
Richard Carnage - 'After Hours' mix

My latest show over at Viva should be starting any minute now, so get over there quicksharp to latch onto the live stream, but it'll be archived later on today for everyone else. Here's the tracklisting.

Viva Radio - Show #5: Techno Logic
Petter - All Together // Border Community
Noze - Kitchen // Trapez
Matt John - The Rising Scope // Perlon
3 Channels - Jack In // Trenton
Tobias - Street Knowledge // Logistic
P.A.N. - The Lizard // Rebelone
Loco Dice - Seeing Through Shadows // M_nus
Gabriel Ananda - Doppelwhipper (Live) // Platzhirsch
Salz - John And The Nightriders // Stadtmusik
Nathan Fake - Coheed (Michael Mayer Remix) // Traum
Justus Kohncke - Shelter // Kompakt
Dominik Eulberg - Potzblitz & Donnerwetter // Cocoon
Lawrence - This Night Will Last Forever // Ladomat 2000
Popnoname - On The Run // Italic
John Tejada - The End Of It All // Palette
The Orb - Little Fluffy Clouds // Big Life


Not the most up to date of selections (I did compile this over a month ago), but I'll get on it for the next one, I promise! Also, before I forget, me and Puffin will be playing at Family in Dublin, run by many lovely young men including Arveene, who's boshed it out for Erol and Darren Emerson in London recently. The date is Saturday December 9th, and it'll be held at their regular sweatbox venue, Wax, so any Tape readers across the Irish channel should pencil the date in their diaries! Until next time, fellow music lovers...

3 Comments:

Blogger alex said...

yo richard.
cheers for the family plug - drop us an email!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Blackest said...

'many lovely young men'?! - I always suspected you, Carnage x

3:10 PM  
Blogger Richard Carnage said...

Well... that Arveene is a bit of a dish!

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

site hit counter