Friday, February 24, 2006

Solid Food


Great to see Oh My Gosh back online - probably the best techno blog on the internet, and a source for much of my new music. Here's hoping they're able to continue to do what they do so well without any problems or interference...

Anyway, the other day that very blog put up a track which I have been rabidly awaiting ever since I heard of its existence back in early December. Such is my relief at now owning a copy, I feel justified in posting it myself...

The track in question is, drum roll please....Solid Groove's remix of Hot Chip. Now I don't go in for all the Hot Chip worship which I see/hear everywhere, but the original of 'Over & Over' is a classic, no doubt about it....This remix, then, is essentially just a fat, bumpin' Solid Groove hippety-house tune with vocal samples of the 'Chip artfully cut into its breakdowns. A masterclass in how to handle a sacred cow, basically.

Download:
Hot Chip - Over & Over (Solid Groove Remix) // DFA/EMI


It should be out on DFA/EMI in the very near future; we'll let you know when so you can buy a copy and put some hot chips on the table of Hot Chip.

I'm going to Bristol now for a bleary reunion with my boys Puffin and Carnage (not to mention Sam, Lisa and Nicky Murrell); whatever we do, if tonight doesn't end in a red-eyed seance around Achso, I'll be heartily disappointed....Might not post for a coupla days, so have a good weekend.

12 Comments:

Blogger Alex Egan said...

Ah the solid groove remix of Hot Chip! I'm eager to hear this but seems the download has expired...any chance of a re-up?

cheers guys and keep it up! TAPE rules

2:29 PM  
Blogger Richard Carnage said...

Don't think it's expired. Click on the 'free' download button and then enter the three character code and then you should be away!

2:30 PM  
Blogger CJN said...

this blog makes me happy on a daily basis.

thanks guys :)

cjn

12:21 AM  
Blogger Alex Egan said...

damn, must be a problem with my computer or something. I just keep getting this message:

"Download-session invalid. Please click here.

Possible reasons:

Download-session expired. Direct-links last a few minutes for free users and a few days for premium-users.
You requested this download-session from a different IP than yours. If you use AOL, try a different browser."

I've tried it in both IE and Firefox but no luck!

Damn

12:51 PM  
Blogger Blackest said...

alex,
tell me your e-mail address and I'll just send it to you

3:54 PM  
Blogger Richard Carnage said...

The download session expired thing comes from when you leave it too long before going on the 'download' button. Try it again but do it straight after the countdown finishes and it should be fine.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Alex Egan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:17 AM  
Blogger Alex Egan said...

alas, ive tried multiple times (always the same message, despite how fast i am!) but still no luck. thankfully i came across the track elsewhere, which was lucky, but hopefully it will work for future your mp3s!

so yeah, im ok for now mr soft, thanks anyway

3:19 AM  
Blogger Richard Carnage said...

We'll be back to the yousendits as soon as old Softy can be arsed to wait for them to upload on there!Sorry about that Al! Cheers for the encouranging words though.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Richard Carnage said...

'encouraging' even!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Blackest said...

i got it, cheers benedict

6:33 PM  
Blogger RJ said...

Great to see more Dave Taylor stuff on this blog!
I actually had a bidding war on eBay trying to get my hands on this promo 12

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

site hit counter